Philosophy & Objectives
Bethlehem Christian Preschool of Thornton provides an early childhood experience of learning which is solidly founded on the Christian faith and life providing rich growth in the areas of academics, social skills, physical growth, and spiritual life. An education rooted in that way also seeks to develop in the child an understanding of God’s love and grace which hopefully leads them to begin to sense God’s purpose and direction for their life. The centrality of the way of Jesus and the Christian Scriptures grounds both our teachers and curriculum, as well as directs the whole of this important ministry.
At Bethlehem Christian Preschool of Thornton, we seek to provide every child with a sense of consistency, love, discipline, and joy which hopefully will foster in them a feeling of success, responsibility, and fulfillment. At our Christian preschool, we seek to grow our students both intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically by:
- Encouraging the child to develop muscular coordination and control, his/her senses, vocabulary, independent thinking, creativity, and obedience.
- Helping the child to learn the social skills of sharing, taking turns, and consideration of others.
- Teaching the academic skills associated with color and shape recognition, number recognition and understanding, alphabet recognition and sounds, reproducing numbers and letters in both upper and lower case, and the beginning of word recognition.
- Encouraging the creative process through puppetry, storytelling, handwork, crafts, and other play activities.
- Developing faith and trust in Jesus Christ and in the nurturing of confidence in the child as a creation of a good and holy God.
We offer preschool services to: Thornton, West Chester, Chadds Ford, Media, Garnet Valley, Newtown Square, and other areas within Delaware & Chester County.